Dr. Tomassi was born and raised in Erie, Pennsylvania. A graduate of Cathedral Prep, he went on to earn a four-year undergraduate degree in General Science from Hiram College in Hiram, Ohio, with a concentration in biology. A year of graduate studies in Environmental Science at Gannon University led to a four-year medical degree in podiatric medicine. He attended The Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine in Cleveland, Ohio, one of only eight podiatric medical schools in the nation. A rotating orthopaedic residency followed at Wayne General and Podiatry Hospital in Orrville, Ohio and The Foot and Ankle Clinic in Youngstown, Ohio.
Dr. Tomassi holds fellowship status of The American College of Foot and Ankle Orthopaedics and Medicine, The scientific arm of The American Podiatric Medical Association. Your doctor is a published author of two medical articles published in The National Journal of American Podiatric Medical Association. He is board certified by The American Board of Podiatric Orthopaedics and Primary Podiatric Medicine and certified in Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy, as well.
He is the proud recipient of The President’s Award as well as the Dr. Edward L. McQuaid Award. The Presidents Award is an award given by The American Association of Podiatric Practice Management to the podiatric physician who best exemplifies outstanding service and attitude to the academy and its members. The Dr. Edward L. McQuaid Award is awarded by The Pennsylvania Podiatric Medical Division to the podiatric physician who donates his time and service in a humanitarian type manner. Dr. Tomassi was given this award for his continued service to the Special Olympics athletes each year in State College, Pennsylvania.
He has been selected as one of America’s top podiatrists by The Consumer Research Council of America and is a member of Who’s Who of Executives and Professioals, as well. Dr. Tomassi donates his time not only as a doctor for the Special Olympics, but also as a clinician for St. Paul’s Free Clinic, treating Erie County’s underprivileged.
The State of Pennsylvania is one of the worst states in our nation for the practice of medicine, and your doctor has held (and still maintains) a number of different medical positions within the state. He was the Vice President of The Erie/Northwest Podiatric Medical Division and is currently President of this same division. He is also an Executive Board Member of the Pennsylvania Podiatric Medical Association and jockeys his time accordingly to travel to both Harrisburg and Philadelphia each year to address Pennsylvania’s poor overall medical climate. The Pennsylvania Podiatric Medical Association works closely with the Pennsylvania Medical Society, Pennsylvania Osteopathic Medical Society and The Pennsylvania Hospital Associates to exact change in Pennsylvania medicine.
Dr. Tomassi’s practice is comprehensive in scope, from various ankle and foot surgeries to prescription arch supports, nail care, diabetic shoes, and bracing.
Professional Medical Affiliations
American Podiatric Medical Association
Pennsylvania Podiatric Medical Association
Erie-Northwest Podiatric Medical Division
American Diabetes Association
Council on Nail Disorders
International Society for Musculoskeletal Shockwave Therapy
American Association of Podiatric Practice Management
American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
Academy of Ambulatory Foot and Ankle Surgery
First National Guild For Health Care Providers
Fellow of American College of Foot and Ankle Orthopaedics and Medicine
Fellow of American Professional Wound Care Association
- Vice President of the Erie/Northwest Podiatric Medical Division 2000-2006
- Current President of the Erie/Northwest Podiatric Medical Division
- Unanimously elected to The Executive Board of the Pennsylvania Podiatric Medical Association
- Adjunct Clinical Professor of The Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine
- Elected to the Alumni Board of The Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine
- Alumni Class representative for Cathedral Prep
- Who’s Who of Executives and Professionals
- Consumer Research Council of America, One of America’s Top Podiatrists for 2007
- Awarded Dr. Edward L. McQuaid Award for 2007. This is given by the Pennsylvania Podiatric Medical Association to a podiatric physician who donates his time and service in a humanitarian type service. Dr. Tomassi was given this award for his continued service to the Special Olympics athletes each year in State College, PA.
- Presidents Award. Given to the podiatric physician who best exemplifies outstanding service and attitude to the academy and its members. This award was given to Dr. Tomassi by The American Academy of Podiatric Practice Management.
- American Board of Podiatric Orthopaedic and Primary Podiatric Medicine
- Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy
- American Board of Podiatric Orthopaedics and Primary Podiatric Medicine
- National Board of Podiatry Examiners
Staff physician, donating his time ad service to St. Paul’s Free Clinic and its patients each year.
Christmas Dinners for underprivileged families, 1988-present
Co-Chairperson, “Evening in Venice Dance”, St. Paul’s Catholic Church, 1987-1988
Committee, St. Paul’s “Italian Days” Festival, 1988-1991
Board Member, St. Paul’s “Business Finance Committee”, 1989-1991
Harborcreek Home for Boys
Erie Home for Children & Adults “Legal Rights Committee”, 1995-1997
American Diabetes Association
- Two year letter honors in high school varsity swimming
- Four year letter honors in college varsity swimming
Hobbies and Outside Interests
- Music, reading, both fiction & biography, bocce
- Athletics to maintain fitness including swimming, weight-lifting, and aerobics